Monday, February 18, 2019

Festive February

February has always been a month full of celebrations in our family and, while this year was no different, there sure were a lot of changes.  My 34th birthday was made special by friends and family, but not having my girls with me for the entire day was certainly strange.  
I let them choose whatever dessert they wanted for my birthday, which worked out well for me considering they all agreed on macaroons.

I've always loved celebrating Valentine's Day with the girls and was happy to spend time with all three of them at school during the day and in the evening.
 Coming Home Birthday lunch with friends at school
followed by class parties, sharing dessert and special treats.  

Mia and Ava didn't have school on their 8th coming home birthday, so we spent some time at Chuck E. Cheese before embarking on our first ever slumber party.  
 I've successfully held on to ticket receipts dating back two years.  With the 1,600 they added on this day, they finally decided to choose prizes.  I'm quite relieved I can no longer be held responsible for those little pieces of paper.
I'm happy to report we all survived their first slumber party! I vividly remember my 8th birthday being celebrated in the same way, so it was special to share this milestone with them. 
 
Crafts, giggles, dinner, giggles, dessert, giggles, movie, giggles, bedtime, giggles, giggles, giggles, giggles, go to sleep girls, giggles, giggles, giggles, giggles, giggles, it's midnight girls, sweet sounds of silence.  These girls and their friends were lovely and kind and a joy to spend time with.

I won't pretend that all of these moments were easy, but all of these moments were special. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment