Saturday, February 9, 2019

Celebrating '6'

Last Saturday, my littlest lady turned 6 and we've spent an entire week celebrating.  When I think back to Eliana at this age, I want to remember how she dances down hallways and finds ways to make us laugh all the time.  I want to remember all the ways she reminds me of myself as a child.  I want to remember that she still loves to snuggle and often finds her way into my arms.  I want to remember all the times we've struggled over hair brushing and bus riding and outfit picking and all the times I remembered to choose my battles. I want to remember that I've spent many moments hoping her sweetness and sass are signs of the kindness and confidence I want her to carry through life.

The day before her birthday, we had a lunch date at school
 Followed by a thrown-together birthday party which may have elicited more smiles and laughter than any well-planned party we've ever had.
I'm so thankful for the sweet friends who shared in her celebration
After all the cake and giggles, she fell fast asleep in my bed
 and woke up full of excitement for her actual birthday.

We all had breakfast together 
and loved watching Eliana literally jump for joy while opening gifts.  
 Her day continued with dance class and the making of a special video
Mate took one for the team and spent 4 hours at Fun 'N Stuff with her and her sisters...sometimes shared parenting plans work out in your favor ;)
We wrapped up the week by celebrating all three of our February birthdays with my family. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next year has in store for my little ballerina.

No comments:

Post a Comment